LAST UPDATED: May 27, 2021
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your Personal Information will be handled as described in this Policy, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your information as described in this Policy, and you confirm that you are not located outside the United States. We currently only accept business and Site visitors within the United States. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service which may be found at https://www.gotoro.io/terms-of-service/, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service by GoToro for are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From Companies.
Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require registration to post job opportunities. To register, you must provide first and last name, company, title, phone number, email[BR1] , billing address, and other information relating to the job posting, such as the number of jobs being hired for, the job titles, and job descriptions. We will also retain your account username and password.
Information We Collect Directly From Job Applicants.
We collect the following information directly from Job Applicants: first and last name, phone number (including mobile number), email address, street address, educational background, licenses and certifications, job experience, resume (in some cases), geolocation, the jobs you click on or apply to, where those jobs are located, answers to screening questions and Company specific application data.
Contact Us Forms and Correspondence.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We collect the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide on the “contact us” forms available on the Site.
Subscribe to Mailing Lists: If you subscribe to a mailing list through our Site, we will collect your email address.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Visit Our Site.
We may combine Personal Information you submit through the Site with other information we have collected from or about you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Do Not Track.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed below (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third-Party Ad Network section below.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Third Party Analytics.
Third-Party Ad Network.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Information submitted by you or otherwise collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Policy and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Generally, we use the information you provide for the reason for which it was provided. For example, if you contact us by email, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came. We may also use Personal Information about you as specifically described below:
- To provide our Site and Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address and phone number, to send you news and newsletters, new job postings in your area, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- For our internal business purposes, including, without limitation, to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and to respond to user desires and preferences; to develop new products, services, and features; to better understand those individuals that utilize the Services; to verify your identity; to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; to prevent, protect against, identify, or address fraud, unauthorized activity, claims, liabilities, and other wrongdoing; to provide you with customer service; and to generally manage our operations.
- To enable Job Applicants to pause their application and resume filling it out at a later date (we email Job Applicants a link to continue their application).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use non-Personal Information or aggregate information that does not identify an individual without restriction, and we may share such information with third parties.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- GoToro We may store your name, email address, phone number, the city, state and zip code in which you reside and any information that you post to our Site.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for our internal business purposes, however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Companies. We disclose Job Applicants’ information to Companies for the purpose of being considered for Company Postings.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. This may include third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be nonnegotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures. However, GoToro will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damages that may result from the misuse of any information, including Personal Information, by these companies.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- We may also share Personal Information as may otherwise be described to you at the point of collection. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Company and Other Third-Party Websites; Social Media Buttons
In addition, our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
We use social media plug-ins from social media networks like Facebook and Instagram, which are labeled on our Site with the well-known symbols of the respective social network. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on the Site may also be made available to those social networks. In order to understand how those social networks use and disclose your Personal Information, please review the privacy policies available on the websites of those social networks.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
Your rights over your information
If you would like to access or request that we delete your personal information, and you use any of the below services, please follow the instructions below:
- If you apply to a job and do not create a profile: Please send an e-mail with your complete contact information including first name, last name, email, and phone number with a request to remove personal data to [email protected]
- If you have a profile: Please submit a request with your first name, last name, email, and phone number with a request to remove personal data to [email protected]
- If you receive newsletters or marketing from us: please click ‘Unsubscribe’ from the bottom of those emails or reply ‘Stop’
- For all other services, please submit a data subject request through our contact email [email protected]
Your choices. Consistent with applicable laws and data security requirements, we will reasonably honor written requests from you to access or amend your information, such as name, address, and billing information. You are responsible for ensuring that the information on file with GoToro is current and accurate. You may access and update your information by logging into your account or contacting us as described in this Policy. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to process requests for access to data and may limit the number of requests per year. Your right to amend your information is subject to our records retention policies.
We may send promotional or informational emails or text messages to you, including a notification if you have not completed your application. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or text message. If you opt-out of receiving emails or text messages about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails or text messages about any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our systems. If you believe that a minor has disclosed Personal Information to GoToro, please contact us at [email protected]
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
280 Highway 35 South
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Email: [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
GoToro may change how we collect and then use Personal Information at any time and without prior notice, at our sole discretion. GoToro.io may change this Policy at any time. If material changes are made to the Policy, GoToro will notify you either by posting the changed Policy on the Site or by sending an email to you. The “Last Updated” date will also be updated at the top of this Policy.